Now Servicing:

Clarksville, Nashville, Ashland City, Dover, Hopkinsville, Franklin, Dickson, Brentwood, Madison, Smyrna, Antioch, Murfreesboro, and surrounding areas.

Home | Services | Certifications | Pure Heat | Ozone | Air Testing | About Us


 

Pure Heat

There are no chemicals used in this process. This allows a safe, and chemical free atmosphere for your family and pets

Ozone Treatements
Ozone is the second most poweful sterilant in the world, and it's function is to destory bacteria, virsues, and oders in nature.
Mold Info
What Is?
Links

Who is Timmco of Clarksville?

Timmco of Clarksville is a Clarksville, TN based company specializes in mold inspection, remediation, and treatment. We provide mold related services for a variety of clients including homeowners, home builders, property managers, and schools. Our team includes professional CMII certified Inspectors and Technainans . Our inspectors are certified to perform residential and commerical Inspections . Our Technainans are also CMR certified to peform mold remediation. Our procedures have been shown to be especially effective at remediating Stachybotrys mold growth in buildings. We specialize and are trained, licensed and insured specifically for Mold inspection and remediation.

What are Molds?

With more than 100,000 species in the world, it is no wonder molds can be found everywhere. Neither animal or plant, molds are microscopic organisms that produce enzymes to digest organic matter and spores to reproduce. These organisms are part of the fungi kingdom, a realm shared with mushrooms, yeast, and mildews. In nature, mold plays a key role in the decomposition of leaves, wood, and other plant debris. Without mold, we would find ourselves wading neck-deep in dead plant matter. And we wouldn't have great foods and medicines, such as cheese and penicillin. However, problems arise when mold starts digesting organic materials we don't want them to, like our homes. (read more)

How can I be exposed to mold?

This picture shows live mold growing on a carpet fiber. So just walking across mold infested floor could release mold spores. When molds are disturbed, their spores may be released into the air. You then can be exposed to the spores through the air you breathe. A person takes over 20,000 breaths each day. Also, if you directly handle moldy materials, you can be exposed to mold and mold spores through contact with your skin. Eating moldy foods or hand-to-mouth contact after handling moldy materials is yet another way you may be exposed

How do molds affect my health?

Generally, the majority of common molds are not a concern to someone who is healthy. However if you have allergies or asthma, you may be sensitive to molds. You may experience skin rash, running nose, eye irritation, cough, congestion, and aggravation of asthma. Also if you have an immune suppression or underlying lung disease, you may be at increased risk for infections from molds. When necessary, some resourceful molds produce toxins in defense against other molds and bacteria called mycotoxins. Depending on exposure level, these mycotoxins may cause toxic effects in people, also. Fatigue, nausea, headaches, and respiratory and eye irritation are some symptoms that may be experienced from exposure to mycotoxins. If you or your family members have health problems that you suspect are caused by exposure to mold, you should consult with your physician. (read more)

 

How do molds grow in my home?

Once mold spores settle in your home, they need moisture to begin growing and digesting whatever they are growing on. There are molds that can grow on wood, ceiling tiles, wallpaper, paints, carpet, sheet rock, and insulation. When excess moisture or water builds up in your home from say, a leaky roof, high humidity, or flooding, conditions are often ideal for molds. Longstanding moisture or high humidity conditions and mold growth go together. Realistically, there is no way to rid all mold and mold spores from your home; the way to control mold growth is to control moisture. (read more)

 

How do I know if I have a mold problem? 

You may have seen white thread-like growths or clusters of small black specks along your damp bathroom or basement walls, or smelled a "musty" odor. Seeing and smelling mold is a good indication that you have a mold problem. However, you cannot always rely upon your senses to locate molds. Hidden mold can be growing behind wall coverings or ceiling tiles. Common places to find mold are in areas where water has damaged building materials and furnishings perhaps from flooding or plumbing leaks. Mold can also be found growing along walls where warm moist air condenses on cooler wall surfaces, such as inside cold exterior walls, behind dressers, headboards, and in closets where articles are stored against walls. Rooms with both high water usage and humidity, such as kitchens, bathrooms, laundry rooms, and basements are often havens for mold. If you notice mold or know of water damaged areas in your home, it is time to take action to control its growth. It is important to dry water damaged areas and items within 24-48 hours to prevent mold growth. If mold is a problem in your home, clean up the mold and get rid of the excess water or moisture. Fix leaky plumbing or other sources of water. Wash mold off hard surfaces with detergent and water, and dry completely. Absorbent materials (such as ceiling tiles & carpet) that become moldy may have to be replaced.




 


We accept most major credit cards.